New: Undo quick task actions
Undo‘ actions on tasks in the list. Undo functionality is available for quick task actions – delete (‘
#‘), change priority(‘
a-z‘), change due date(‘
d‘), and mark task complete (‘
Undo action is available in the notification toast at the bottom for 5 secs. Undo is also available using the keyboard shortcut ‘
z‘ while the notification toast is visible.
If there’s a need, a future version may provide the option to pick alternate undo delays.
Sort by date
A new option to sort by date is now available. Sorting by date treats completed and pending tasks differently.
Completed tasks are sorted, in order, by completion date, then due date, then creation date. Pending tasks are sorted by due date, then creation date.
The default sort order is
- Pending tasks before completed tasks
- Higher priorities before lower priorities
- Then sorted by date
Sorting by creation date and due date are still available as options.
The extension now optimises network requests by batching together syncing for some of actions.
This means that when a number of actions are performed in a quick sequence – say, marking multiple tasks complete – there’s only one sync with Dropbox. This does lead to a small delay in the syncing 5-15 secs, however, does reduce impact on network and battery.
Active refreshes – by pressing ‘
r‘ or when the extension window is opened – are still performed immediately.
- Added a link to keyboard shortcuts in the bottom bar,
- Removed Twitter link in the bottom bar, and converted other links to text to reduce distraction,
- Updated ‘syncing’ icon
- Reduced font size, added San Francisco font on MacOS
- Reordered task dates order in list
- For pending tasks: Only due date is shown
- For completed tasks: First completed date, then due date is shown
- Created dates have been moved to the right in a muted colour
- Edit and delete action icons have been muted
- Fixed issue with the options page sometimes loading without any options enabled
- Corrected relative dates for dates in task list
There are a lot of updates and changes in this version. This may mean that a few bugs may have escaped my testing. Please do share any bugs, or feature glitches that you come across.
Continue reading “Todo.txt for Chrome – ‘Undo’ task actions, and more…”