More tab actions—pin and move in window
New tab actions added to tab search window:
- Move tab to first position in its window (after pinned tabs, if any),
- Move tab to the last position in its window
- Pin or un-pin tabs (supporters only)
This is in addition to previous tab actions:
- Duplicate tabs
- Add tab to allow/block list
- Add tab’s domain to allow/block list
- Suspend or un-suspend tab (supporters only)
- Open tab in a new window
Tabs can also be pinned/un-pinned using the keyboard shortcut ‘
New search keyword—pinned tabs
is:pinned‘ to search only pinned tabs. ‘
-is:pinned‘ searches only in unpinned tabs.
This keyword may be used together with regular search words and the ‘
New: Copy tabs to clipboard
Use the copy button, next to the tab count, in tab search window to copy tabs to clipboard.
- Copies tab title and URL
- Copies tabs filtered in tabs list
- For suspended tabs, the original URL is copied
Use the setting on options page to specify the format of copied text—plain text, Markdown, or URLs only.
New: Ignore query when comparing duplicates
‘Ignore query’ option is now available as an experimental option (bottom of options page). When enabled, the query portion of the URL is ignore when preventing duplicates. E.g. ‘
https://www.google.com/‘ and ‘
https://www.google.com/?hl=hi‘ will appear as duplicates.
Enabling this setting may cause unexpected behaviour on many sites. Using the query parameter to refer to distinct content is a common web practice.
- Suspend tab button is disabled for
chrome-extension://tabs as these can’t be suspended by The Great Suspender
- Bug fix: Selected tab lost focus after an action in tab search
enterkeys were not working in filter text input field
Continue reading “Clutter Free – more tab actions, and ‘ignore query’”