Unified supporter status is coming soon (experimental)
Unified supporter status will enable access to Supporter features on both Todo.txt apps—Chrome and Android—as long as you have an active supporter subscription on either one.
No action is required by you. Both apps will automatically sync the existing and new subscriptions.
Privacy & data
To enable the unified supporter status, the app uploads a secure, irreversible hash of your email address and provider name (Dropbox or Google Drive), along with your subscription order id to a secure server. When you login to the Todo.txt app with same email address and file provider on another platform, the app will automatically sync your supporter status from the server, and provide full access to supporter features.
The email address is hashed inside the app before uploading to the server, so the server never sees the real email address, only its encrypted hash. The privacy statement is updated for these changes.
Please do get in touch using the in-app feedback form if you have any queries about this change.
- Supporter sync only works when using Dropbox or Google Drive for syncing because local file syncing is not supported in the Chrome extension.
- Supporter sync is only available to paying supporters. Syncing is not available for reward tokens.
- There may be a delay of 24 hours after subscription before supporter features are available on the other app.
- Supporter sync is only tested on official Chrome browser. It will probably not work if you are using another Chrome-based browser—Vivaldi, Edge, Brave, or others.
- If you are a supporter but don’t see supporter access in the app, please contact me using the feedback form in the app where you joined as supporter.
Experimentally enabled from
v 2020.608.8.34 of the Chrome extension, and
v 2020.0608.4.3 of the Android app.
Get Todo.txt for Android on the Play Store
Get Todo.txt for Chrome on the Chrome Web Store
Made background code updates for compatibility with Android 10.
Fixed bug that caused the app to crash when notification time setting was opened.
Continue reading “Todo.txt for Android – v 2019.0905.2.34.2”
New: Change task sort order
Use the new ‘
Change sort order‘ menu item to open the custom sorting screen. The sorting screen has options to select from:
- the default sort order,
- a custom sort order, or
- one of your saved sort orders (Only available for supporters at the moment)
Save frequently used custom sort orders with a name. Easily switch to them from the sort order dropdown.
Saved sort orders can also be used to sort tasks in the task list widget.
Simplified the settings screens for task list and task count widgets.
- Current folder location is now visible in Google Drive file picker
Archive tasks‘ options had disappeared in a recent beta update. Fixed.
Continue reading “Todo.txt for Android – v 2019.07220.127.116.11”
Search state, and task list state history were not maintained when device was rotated. Fixed.
Removed Dropbox’s chooser library. Replaced with directly launching Dropbox to select task and archive files.
- Reset file chooser screen when back is pressed in Dropbox while selecting file location
- Hide keyboard when task file location is confirmed (manual file location screen)
- Disable back and up buttons on file location screen once file location has been changed (confirm only via ‘
Settings for default projects & contexts
Added new settings for adding projects and contexts to new tasks:
filtered project/context‘ to new task text – switched on by default
default project/context‘. This project and/or context will be added to the new task text when the previous setting is off, or when the list is unfiltered.
Other updates & bug fixes
Suggest default contexts and tags when there are no contexts in the user’s task list.
- Check file path format when provided using manual text entry
- Add default / filter projects to subsequent tasks when creating new tasks – was being added only for the first task
- Also smashed some minor bugs
Archive completed tasks to your archive file by selecting ‘
Archive completed tasks‘ from the options menu.
This moves the completed tasks from your tasks file to the archive file, and clears them from the app. If you have switched on the ‘
Clean projects‘ setting, archiving also cleans unused projects.
Auto-archive archives tasks to the archive file automatically as soon as they are marked complete. ‘
Auto-archive‘ may be switched on from settings.
Auto-archive only clears tasks marked complete in the app, and not completed tasks synced from Dropbox (marked complete in another app or CLI)
Added feedback links
Feedback links are now directly available in the app – in the options menu and in navigation drawer. Please do share your feedback for any bugs you encounter, or feature suggestions.
Minor tweaks to the appearance of the bottom navigation drawer, and a couple of bug fixes.
Continue reading “Todo.txt for Android – v 2018.0810.1.2”
Long press to start selecting tasks
Long press a task to select it, and to enter task selection mode for quick editing.
In the initial release, a simple tap selected the task and switched to task selection mode. This caused overlap confusion between tapping on task (to select), and tapping on a project/context tag (to filter list by it).
Now, long press selects a task. Once a task has been selected, the more can be selected by tapping on them.
When in selection mode, the header shows number of tasks selected.
Text descriptions for task actions
Added text descriptions to the quick edit bar shown in task selection mode.
I may, in a future version add a setting to toggle this text description off.
Continue reading “Todo.txt for Android – v 2018.0809.1.1”
An early beta version of my Todo.txt app for Android is now available in the Play Store.
Please do give it a try, and share your feedback here.
Todo.txt Solo supports all core features of the todo.txt format (http://todotxt.org/), and is fully compatible with the Todo.txt CLI and my Todo.txt Chrome extension.
The core functionality available at the moment includes:
- Sync with a todo.txt file stored in Dropbox
- Create, List, Search, Edit, Delete tasks
- Mark tasks complete & incomplete
- Add, remove or change due dates, priorities, projects, contexts, tags
- Filter task list by project, completed, incomplete, due status
- Task list sorting order:
Incomplete > Priority > Due date > Created date
- Home screen widget to show count of tasks
- configure the widget to count tasks by project, due, and/or completion state
- Works on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) or newer
- Requires a Dropbox account, syncs with todo.txt file stored in Dropbox
- Only English language supported (translation help welcome)
- The final version, when released, may require a subscription/payment for some features