Unified supporter status is coming soon (experimental)
Unified supporter status will enable access to Supporter features on both Todo.txt apps—Chrome and Android—as long as you have an active supporter subscription on either one.
No action is required by you. Both apps will automatically sync the existing and new subscriptions.
Privacy & data
To enable the unified supporter status, the app uploads a secure, irreversible hash of your email address and provider name (Dropbox or Google Drive), along with your subscription order id to a secure server. When you login to the Todo.txt app with same email address and file provider on another platform, the app will automatically sync your supporter status from the server, and provide full access to supporter features.
The email address is hashed inside the app before uploading to the server, so the server never sees the real email address, only its encrypted hash. The privacy statement is updated for these changes.
Please do get in touch using the in-app feedback form if you have any queries about this change.
- Supporter sync only works when using Dropbox or Google Drive for syncing because local file syncing is not supported in the Chrome extension.
- Supporter sync is only available to paying supporters. Syncing is not available for reward tokens.
- There may be a delay of 24 hours after subscription before supporter features are available on the other app.
- Supporter sync is only tested on official Chrome browser. It will probably not work if you are using another Chrome-based browser—Vivaldi, Edge, Brave, or others.
- If you are a supporter but don’t see supporter access in the app, please contact me using the feedback form in the app where you joined as supporter.
Experimentally enabled from
v 2020.608.8.34 of the Chrome extension, and
v 2020.0608.4.3 of the Android app.
Get Todo.txt for Android on the Play Store
Get Todo.txt for Chrome on the Chrome Web Store