New: WordCounter editor available in WordCounter Chrome extension
The WordCounter editor app is now available directly in the WordCounter chrome extension. Click on the extension button in the toolbar to open the editor. The editor is also available using they keyboard shortcut ‘
.‘, but this may require resetting if another extension is using this shortcut.
Key features of WordCounter editor:
- Set word or character limit and it shows live count, including warning colour when close to the limit.
- Optionally set a hard limit and the editor prevents typing beyond the word limit.
- Markdown support
- Write in markdown
- Counts words in converted markdown, not base text
- Use preview button (or ‘
r‘) to preview formatted markdown
- Print content directly from editor
End of support for WordCounter Chrome app
Google has announced end of life for Chrome Apps. As a result the WordCounter Chrome app will not receive any more updates. It will stop working when Google ends support on your platform.
I request you to switch to the Chrome extension instead. The editor in WordCounter Chrome extension supports nearly all features1 of the app, and includes more useful features for word counts on the web.
WordCounter extension is available here.
- Chrome extensions do not have access to the computer’s file system. So the WordCounter extension cannot save files directly from the editor. ↩