New notification style
The new notification style shows notifications inside the browser. They appear in the bottom right of the webpages, and make access to notification actions easily available.
Some other features:
- Notifications auto-dismiss after a short delay,
- Informational notifications (e.g. URL whitelisted) disappear quickly — 15/30s
- Actionable notifications (e.g. Duplicate closed in background) stay longer — 60s
- Notifications don’t clutter the desktop notification center, nor trigger the notification sound, and
- Notifications have pertinent action buttons directly accessible across all OSes.
All notifications may be dismissed directly by using the staggered lines (☰) icon on top left of the notifications.
Notification settings are directly accessible from the gear icon (⚙) on top right of the notifications
Notification settings have been updated to provide finer control over notifications.
Define notification style to use for each kind of notification – the new ClutterFree style, or the default Chrome notifications. Individual notifications may also be switched off individually.
Theme for the ClutterFree notifications – dark or light – may also be switched from settings.
New: Notify when a duplicate tab, to be opened in the background is prevented.
When a new duplicate tab is opened in the background – by using ‘Open in new tab’ action or
Ctrl/Cmd-click – ClutterFree will close the tab and notify on the screen.
The two actions on this notification allow to switch to the previously open tab, or force open the duplicate (for when you really want a duplicate).
This notification is only available as an in-browser notification.
There are several other small updates, including:
- Fixed a bug where original tabs occasionally moved to the wrong location when a duplicate was closed in the background,
- Added clearer descriptions to some advanced settings,
- Small reordering of options page for clarity,
- Reflect whitelist updates on direct switch links in all tabs, …
That’s all, folks!
Please share your feedback, including suggestions and any bugs you find using this link.
Get Clutter Free on the Chrome Web Store.