Lightening quick switch to previously open tabs.
Direct switch links are highlighted with the Clutter Free mark ( ) next to them1.
Clicking on a highlighted link will directly switch to the open tab. No delays, no web response time, no additional web data usage.
Your other settings, like ‘Refresh original tab‘ will also be respected when direct switching. Links that aren’t detected by direct switch automatically, e.g. URL shorteners, Twitter, and Facebook links, will still be detected same as before, but without the speed of direct switch
- Improved the options page, with 2 key sections – General settings, and Appearance. Defaults have also changed, and some little-used settings hidden/removed.
- Added automatic extension updates. The extension now updates without having to wait for a browser or computer restart.
- New, greyed-out icon to indicate when the extension is switched off.
- If “Don’t move” is selected under
Options > Advanced Settings > Duplicate tab position, a notification is shown when a duplicate link is opened in background. Link has options to switch to the original tab, and to go to settings.
- When a duplicate was opened in a new window, sometimes both the original and the duplicate tab were closed.
- Original pages were always refreshed, even when
Refresh original pagesetting was off.
- Temporarily removed
Ignore Hashsetting. It is still available for anyone who has it enabled.
Clutter Free - Version 2017.0525.3.16
- If you don’t want the logo appearing next to links, it can be disabled under
Settings > Appearance > Highlight duplicate links. ↩
- Default behaviour is to move the tab to the location where duplicate would have appeared – usually the tab after the one where the link was opened from. This behaviour can be changed from
Options > Advanced Settings > Duplicate tab position. ↩